About Us
Header
Custom

In 1949, County Amusement Company bought a farm in Richland Township and built the Richland Drive-In. Over the years, they operated a variety of theatres in the Johnstown area. Then, in 1974 the drive-in was torn down to make way for the Richland Mall and their second theatre on this site, the Duke & Duchess twin theatre. In 1990, County Amusement formed Richland Mall Cinemas, Inc. and took an empty grocery store space in the mall and built a 12 screen theatre inside called the Richland Mall Cinemas. After it opened, they closed the Duke and Duchess. In 2003, the Richland Mall was being demolished to make way for the new Richland Town Center. The last building standing was Richland Mall Cinemas and two weeks after it closed, our current building the Richland Cinemas was opened for business. It is our fourth theatre to operate on this property since 1949. This family run business has been operated by four generations of a single family and is managing with an eye to the future.
Footer